The Beaufort Belles
To join us, please contact Susan at 301-752-1829 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to have you come check us out at our Visitors Day on
Sunday October 20 from 3-5 at St. John’s Lutheran Church on Lady’s Island. 157 Ladys Island Rd across from the fire station.
A bit of history…
The Beaufort Belles got started got started even before that. In 1992 founders Doris Heard, Peggy Callahan and Audrey McBratney put an ad in the paper looking for singers. They had 9-10 singers then, meeting at the Two Suns Inn on Bay Street.
In 1996 they formed the Sea Island Chapter of the Sweet Adelines International, and competed in their first competition in 1998 with 16 members.
They became the Beaufort Belles when they withdrew from the Sweet Adeline organization in 2000.
The Belles have recently joined the Beaufort Harbormasters under the umbrella of the Barbershop Harmony Society and will share equally in their activities and board of directors. They are only the fifth all female BHS chorus in the United States.